The ever-growing number of online poker players is testament that Poker in India is just entering its golden era. If you are just getting started and want to understand the Poker craze, we’ve put together a checklist of ten things you should know to get the most out of your first online poker game.
- Start with Learning the Basics: Whether it is 3 Patti or poker, you should be familiar with the fundamentals. Poker positions, poker rules, and poker hand rankings are some of these. All of these things together set the foundation of the game and are usually the key factors in your winnings at Poker.
- It’s Best to Start Small: Beginners usually believe they have done their homework to the point where they are just ready to dive in. Going directly for the big pots in a Poker game can be brutal for you. You must understand that as a beginner, your objective is to comprehend and improve your poker strategy in the process. Starting with small stakes serves several purposes –
- You will focus more on the game and learn.
- As you play more games, your skill level will improve, and you can raise the stakes in conjunction.
- Playing slowly can help you boost your confidence so you can finally play the games of high stakes.
- Never Limp First: Never be the first player to limp as a novice Poker or 3 Patti player. There are two reasons for this:
- You might not be able to win the pot before the flop like you expected (if you raised)
- If you limp, you can face multiple players since you may have appealing pot odds. As a result, your winning chances might get reduced.
- Maintain a Consistent Playing Style: As a newbie in the game, you must have a defined play to avoid mistakes, and you should stick to a good playing style. Playing only your strongest hands can help you avoid making tough choices after the flop. Starting with hand selections are important for beginners. Thus, you should know the poker hand rankings by heart.
- Understand How to Bluff: Learning how to bluff is a great way to convince others to fold. According to Poker/3 Patti game theory, top players wouldn’t have won many pots without bluffing. Knowing how to play the continuation bet (c-bet) is a good start. On the flop, you place this stake after leading the betting preflop.
- Make the Most of Your Table Position: Your position at the table is your major asset, and knowing how to leverage your position is an essential skill and the finest poker advice for beginners. One of the first things you’ll have to consider when deciding which hands to play is your position.
- The Key Factor is Folding: Another great beginner tip for online Poker is learning to fold more hands than you play. When your opponents are constantly calling and raising, you should consider folding your hands. Opponents are undoubtedly holding some of the strongest and highest-ranking hands when they call and raise with such enthusiasm and are gaining confidence from them. When in doubt on whether to play or fold a hand, the general rule of thumb is to fold.
- Sit at the Table When You are at Your Best: Your game might be greatly impacted by your emotional state. You must learn to accept this as a necessary component of the game. To play 3 Patti/Poker successfully, one must be level-headed and make the most rational decisions. Starting games only when you’re feeling upbeat can help you become a better poker player and boost your chances of winning.
- Avoid Playing too Many Poker Hands: If you believe that playing too many hands will give you a better chance of winning, you are using the incorrect Poker strategy. A few poker hands may result in a winning pot, but you are more likely to lose.
- Don’t Believe in the Concept of Luck: If you want to improve your chances of becoming the best player possible, you should leave your faith in luck at the door. In Poker, there is no room for superstition. Poker is purely a numbers & probability game, and if you are prepared to put in the effort and assess the cards properly, you can become successful at the game.
When you first start playing Poker online, keep in mind all of the pointers mentioned above. When trying to improve your game, take it slow and steady; the more composed you are, the more likely it is that you will make a fortune. Keep playing and get better at it!