Most modern people spend most of their time in front of their desks. We don’t only work but also rest watching Netflix or playing at an Uganda betting site sitting for hours. To avoid the consequences of such a lifestyle, you should start working out, and running is one of the most wonderful options. Here’s how to start.
Why We Need a Warm-up and a Cool-down
The difference between the warm-up and warm-up is due to the fact that their objectives are fundamentally different. The purpose of the warm-up is to prepare the body for future exercises. It contains simple “warming up” exercises. The intensity remains unchanged during the entire exercise, the heart rate is kept at the same level (as a rule, to calculate the warm-up heart rate, 10 beats per minute are added to the resting heart rate). This approach allows you to reduce the risk of injury and increase training efficiency due to the preliminary activation of body systems.
The essence of the warm-up is the gradual withdrawal of the body from the load, its relaxation. The warm-up is carried out with a gradual decrease of intensity: a high rate is replaced by a medium rate, and then by a light one. After that, in statics you stretch the muscles involved in the loads. In this case, the heart rate and breathing slow down gradually, not abruptly, thus avoiding stress to the cardiovascular system. Muscle fibers toned down return elasticity, blood flow in them is normalized, decay products are removed – the very harmful lactic acid. If this isn’t done, muscle recovery and growth are slow. Over time, hypertonicity occurs – a condition in which the muscles remain tense even at rest.
Before working out, you must make sure that you have picked high-quality sports shoes with good cushioning. Otherwise, both the warm-up and the jog itself will be very traumatic. A proper warm-up should consist of three stages. The total duration is about 15 minutes, 5 minutes for each stage:
- Cardio warm-up prepares the heart and lungs for loads, increasing the flow of blood and oxygen. A good option is to jump rope.
- Warming up the joints increases their mobility. For runners, the pelvis, knees and feet are especially important, but the arms and neck should not be ignored either. The main emphasis on the rotational movements of all joints, you can also perform a few squats, bends to the sides and forward.
- Muscle warm-up. This includes running on the spot with raising the hip and shin splinting.
The warm-up lasts the same 15 minutes, but comprises two stages: 5 minutes for the first stage and 10 minutes for the second stage:
- Jogging and walking. After you finish jogging, do not stop abruptly. It’s necessary to gradually reduce the speed. After 3 minutes, you should switch to a quick step and walk, slowing down, for 2 more minutes.
- Stretching. Muscles are brought out of the tone by static exercises. To do this, you should freeze in each pose for 20-30 seconds. For runners, deep squat with feet wider than shoulder width, forward bend with touching the floor, side bends, pulling the knee to the chest while standing on one leg, pulling the foot to the buttock while standing on one leg, as well as lunges and half lunges are suitable.
These exercises shouldn’t be neglected. This way, jogging will yield maximum results and bring only positive emotions.
A Few More Running Questions
Is It True That Running Improves Health?
Yes, it’s true, there are many studies on this topic. However, it’s important to remember that running does not have to be exhausting and traumatic. To do so, it’s important to improve your own running literacy. Besides physical health, running also helps combat stress, negative emotions and depression. Moreover, when running for a long time, it is possible to reach a special emotional state – this phenomenon is known as the Runner’s Euphoria. To make a long story short – in this state you get a huge dose of positive emotions.
Does Running Help You Lose Weight?
Yes, if you are not obese, running can help you keep your weight in check. However, do not dare to start running when you are obese, as you will severely damage your body, especially your knees. You need to practice a moderate diet and any other type of physical activity other than running to combat the extra pounds.
How to Run Properly?
If you know how to search for the right information on the Internet, you can try to figure it all out yourself. However, it will be much more effective if you take a few lessons from professional running coaches. You can find them in many running clubs.
Why Will You Love Running Forever if You Don’t Quit Right Away?
Running will quickly become a habit and the most rewarding addiction. You will literally become chemically addicted to running, much like a smoker to cigarettes, because you will constantly need a new dose of the happiness hormones released by running. It’s probably the healthiest drug in the world, which you simply must practice if you want to live a healthy life and always be in a good mood.