It often happens that a relationship develops, but the partner continues to remain a mystery behind the seven seals. He never shares his thoughts and experiences, tries to keep a little distance and does not open up. Emotionally unavailable people are called toxic and narcissistic, but most often they are not.
Inaccessibility and closeness are usually due to a combination of personal qualities and painful experiences (loss, rejection). An early loss or a painful separation is not easy to get over, and the situation is aggravated, for example, by the person’s natural shyness. And after certain situations, a person begins to fear a close relationship. But how do you know if your loved one is like this, and why he behaves this way?
SIGNS OF EMOTIONALLY OPEN CONVERSATIONS
The person is afraid of frank conversations. It is not easy for such a person to plunge into the world of feelings and emotions of the other person. Such people can listen to their partner for the time being, and then try to change the subject. When he is required to commit, they feel cornered. And they are afraid to talk openly about their feelings, and their experiences.
- Your partner does not know how to express feelings. Some lack the skill to express their emotions, they do not know how to share what is on their mind. However, the experience is not alien to them.
- It is difficult for a person to trust others. If in the past the person’s heart was broken, in a new relationship such a person will be afraid to trust again and be vulnerable. Or the person has experienced betrayal from people close to them.
- The person is easy to break communication. Both love and family ties can break quickly and easily. The person is sure that it will be easier than to choose words not to offend another.
- The person is interested in others, and not in a hurry to open up in response. It is easier for such a person to listen to others than to talk about oneself. Of course, there are similar life values or common hobbies (if you like extreme sports, for example, or gambling on Bizzo Casino site for NZ), but the ability to trust your partner and talk openly about yourself is one of the signs of a healthy relationship.
- The person chooses a long-distance relationship. This way it is easier for the partner to keep his distance. In addition, he can enter into a relationship with a person who is not free – this is due to less responsibility.
HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH A PERSON WHO HAS A FEAR OF INTIMACY?
Emotionally unavailable people are not always toxic and destructive. If you want to build a relationship with such a person, you can be patient and earn this person’s trust. Ideally, you can go with the person to a couple of therapists, or advise them to go to a psychologist and work through their values.
HOW TO BUILD RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS IF YOU ARE EMOTIONALLY UNAVAILABLE
First, analyse why you have a fear of close relationships. At what age have you stopped trusting people? What is your relationship with your parents? Finding a good therapist and finding a way for yourself is best. And learn to openly express your emotions and talk about if you have any negative feelings and problems. Yes, it is not easy to overcome the fear of intimacy, but it is worth it because in the future you will be able to build sincere relationships and trust people more.